With PADI eLearning, you complete the knowledge development (classroom) portion of the most popular courses at your own pace – studying anytime and anywhere you have a high-speed internet connection. If you have a busy schedule or just prefer the convenience of online study, eLearning is a good choice to get certified.
To explain a bit more; the PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
Confined Water Dives
Open Water Dives
- The Knowledge Development part teaches you the basic principles and rules of scuba diving.
- During the Confined Water Dives you will learn & practise the basic scuba skills.
- Open Water Dives give you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and explore the underwater world!
The whole course would take you around 3 to 4 days from start to finish. That includes all the Knowledge Development, 5 Confined Water dives & 4 Open Water Dives. e-Learning would save you some 10 hours of classroom.
The good thing about the PADI e-Learning or PADI Open Water Touch is that you can save yourself a lot of time on your holiday. Completing the Knowledge Development part at home, will prepare you to immediatly start with the pool sessions when you arrive in Boracay.
When signing up for the PADI e-Learning or PADI Open Water Touch courses you will be asked to assign a preferred dive centre. You can choose for Calypso Diving School International. However, you can always change your mind later, and choose wichever dive centre you want to complete the practical part.
Signing up using Calypso Diving School International you will able to get personal online assistance from one of our own in house dive instructors whenever you have any questions.
Ask us a question
- Start your course at home
- Study at your own pace
- From PC, Mac, iPad, Laptop, Phone
- Save time on your holiday
- No more classroom other than a short review
- Online support from your dive instructor
An example schedule would be:
(9:00 – 16:00)
Pool session #1 & #2
Open Water Dive #1
Debrief, Logbook, relax!
(9:00 – 16:00)
Pool sessions #3, #4 & #5
Open Water Dive #2
(9:00 – 13:00)
Open Water Dive #3
Open Water Dive #4
This is just and example schedule. We are very flexible and can work out a schedule that fits you best.
Station2, White Beach, Boracay