Discover Scuba Diving in Boracay
Beach & Dive Resort Boracay
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you!
Have you ever wondered how it would be to be able to breath underwater?
For anyone who wants to experience the underwater world we offer the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program. In half a day we will show you the basic skills, practise in our pool and take you for a real, safe and fun dive on the reefs of Boracay!
No previous experience needed!
The Discover Scuba diving program is perfect for if you just want to just dive as a one time experience, or as a preparation to get your full Open Water license.
Designed by PADI to be a fun introduction into scuba diving, the Discover Scuba Diving does not give you a license. However if you enjoyed your experience, and we are sure you will, the lessons can count towards your Open Water course and count as a credit.
Discover Scuba Diving
To sum it up:
- Discover Scuba Diving is a PADI introduction to scuba diving
- 30 minutes theory session with video support in our aircon classrooms
- 45 minute practise session in our onsite pool
- 45/60 minute actual dive time exploring the reef
- New full air supply for the open water dive
- Boat fee, instructor, all equipment included
- Fast & spacious dive boat
- Best diving facilities in BoracayProfessional teaching according to PADI standards
- Calypso offers you training in a pool for safety and convenience
- We keep our classes small, NO large groups! 3-4 students max.
- No previous experience needed
- Option to continue to Open Water Certification
- Example schedule: 9am – 1pm or 12pm – 4pm
- Cost is 3500 peso all included
Why choose Calypso Diving?
Discover the underwater world with us!
Practise in our pool
As one of the only dive schools in Boracay, we have our own onsite pool! This offers you a uniquely safe and convenient environment to start your training!
Fast and spacious boat
Cadi is our own fast and large diving boat! With lots of space for all our equipment, relaxing seating in the back that covers you from the sun and a fast engine, Cadi is perfect for diving trips!
Calypso simply has the best facility grounds in Boracay! A spacious set up around a lush and well kept garden, on site Italian restaurant with excellent pizza’s, large area for equipment and storage, sunset bar, dive training pool, large dive center office and excellent equipment.
Diving in Boracay
Boracay has an amazing variety of dive sites to offer. Ranging from easily accessible dive sites for beginners as Angol point to the advanced deep wall dive like Yapak.
What you will learn
You will learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional.
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive.
- How easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
What is PADI?
PADI: Professional Association of Diving Instructors®
PADI is the world’s leading scuba diver training organization.
With more than 6400 PADI Dive Centers and Resorts, and more than 133,000 individual PADI Professionals who have issued more than 25 million certifications around the world, PADI Divers carry the most respected and sought after scuba credentials in the world. No matter where you choose to dive, your PADI scuba certification card will be recognized and accepted.
PADI Professionals make underwater exploration and scuba diving adventures possible while maintaining the highest standards for diver training, safety and customer service.
Find out more about PADI on the PADI web site.
Ready to take the plunge and get your Open Water certification? Together with PADI we offer you the opportunity to start at home! Save time on your holiday to spend on the beach with your friends. Sounds good? Then read on below!
PADI Open Water e-Learning
With PADI eLearning, you complete the knowledge development (classroom) portion of the most popular courses at your own pace – studying anytime and anywhere you have a high-speed internet connection. If you have a busy schedule or just prefer the convenience of online study, eLearning is a good choice to get certified. To explain a bit more; the PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
Confined Water Dives
Open Water Dives
- The Knowledge Development part teaches you the basic principles and rules of scuba diving.
- During the Confined Water Dives you will learn & practise the basic scuba skills.
- Open Water Dives give you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and explore the underwater world!
The whole course would take you around 3 to 4 days from start to finish. That includes all the Knowledge Development, 5 Confined Water dives & 4 Open Water Dives. e-Learning would save you some 10 hours of classroom.
The good thing about the PADI e-Learning or PADI Open Water Touch is that you can save yourself a lot of time on your holiday. Completing the Knowledge Development part at home, will prepare you to immediatly start with the pool sessions when you arrive in Boracay.
When signing up for the PADI e-Learning or PADI Open Water Touch courses you will be asked to assign a preferred dive centre. You can choose for Calypso Diving School International. However, you can always change your mind later, and choose wichever dive centre you want to complete the practical part.
Signing up using Calypso Diving School International you will able to get personal online assistance from one of our own in house dive instructors whenever you have any questions.
Ask us a question
PADI eLearning Open Water Course
- Start your course at home
- Study at your own pace
- From PC, Mac, iPad, Laptop, Phone
- Save time on your holiday
- No more classroom other than a short review
- Online support from your dive instructor
An example schedule would be:
(9:00 – 16:00)
Pool session #1 & #2
Open Water Dive #1
Debrief, Logbook, relax!
(9:00 – 16:00)
Pool sessions #3, #4 & #5
Open Water Dive #2
(9:00 – 13:00)
Open Water Dive #3
Open Water Dive #4
This is just and example schedule. We are very flexible and can work out a schedule that fits you best.
Learn how to dive video’s
See all about PADI eLearning and PADI Touch in the videos below!